How fast does your website open? The speed with which your home page loads creates a good impression with website visitors. Everyone loves a snappy website.
At some point or another we have all experienced visiting a website which seems to take forever to load. You have to literally wait for several minutes before the text appears and you get any information. Slow loading websites can be very frustrating for a website visitor. Many of your website visitors will leave your home page before it even loads. This is known as a bounce rate. Slow loading websites have a very high bounce rate. This is not good for your website ranking.
The speed with which a website opens is important for many reasons. Websites that take a long time to load are backlisted by search engines.
A slow loading website could be due to several factors.
- The design of your website and each individual webs page
- The graphics are very high resolution
- Imbedded graphics and videos
- The background and general design of your website
To prevent potential customers from leaving your website you need to improve your website speed. As soon as someone clicks on your website link it should open up immediately. An attractive home page makes a visitor want to see more of your website.
Benefits of a fast loading website
There are numerous benefits for a business which invests in increasing their website speed.
- Better website visitor engagement: Visitors show higher interest in your website and the information you have to share.
- Better visitor retention rate: Website visitors will spend more time exploring your website.
- Higher sales: Ecommerce sites will find that with better speed they get more sales. People like to shop on websites that help them find products fast and get product details instantly.
- More leads: A website that loads at a good speed will help you get more genuine customers. The leads you get will be of a higher quality resulting in a higher conversion rate.
How to increase your website speed?
To increasing your website load time get in touch with us. We will optimise and organise your website content as well as clear out the temporary caches to ensure that your website loads fast. A fast website is preferred by search engines and helps your website optimisation.